Last updated June 30, 2023
Questions or concerns? Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your data privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Services. If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
How Do We Collect Data?
NAPgA may collect your personal data when you use our website. For instance, when you input information on forms or purchase products and services online, we will collect that information. In addition, a variety of technologies, such as cookies, pixel tags, and analytic tools, allow us to obtain site usage and engagement information. In addition, we can obtain information from third-party sources.
When you visit our website, you will receive a notification that will allow you to customize the data we collect. If you choose to disable data collection and cookies, some features of our site may be unavailable to you.
More on What Data We Collect
When you access this website, some information—such as the site that referred you to napga.org, your IP address, and your email address—may be automatically collected as part of the operation of this website. Other information may be dependent on what information you input into our website or prior third-party websites.
- Identifiers, such as your name, display name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, username, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, payment information (if applicable, last 4 digits only). Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Characteristics of protected classifications, such as your gender and age. The main purpose for collecting this information is to verify your age, ensure you are eligible to use our services, and to show you more relevant ads and content.
- Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as session logs, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data, such as your physical location.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information. We may use this information to create a profile reflecting your preferences and characteristics.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Cookies allow us to understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services.
You can choose to have your computer warn you when a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You make these selections in your browser settings. If you turn cookies off, you will not have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient, and some online services will not function properly.
How Do We Use Your Data?
NAPgA may use your collected personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide customer service
- Market and advertise across a variety of platforms and devices
- Product and service development
- Facilitate subsequent use of this website, including providing information to website hosting partners and other entities who assist us in operating our website and conducting our business.
If you have opted in, such as for a newsletter, we may send you periodic emails. You are welcome to unsubscribe anytime.
Occasionally, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites are responsible for their own privacy policies.
We also reserve the right to (a) disclose any such personal information if required to do so by law or in good faith believe that such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, employees, clients, or the public; and (b) transfer or sell such personal information to any legitimate successor-in-interest to NAPgA in the event of sale, acquisition, or insolvency of the company.
How Do We Store Your Data?
NAPgA makes every reasonable effort to protect the information stored in our databases and the servers we use but cannot guarantee complete freedom from risk. No electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security efforts and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. We will not be liable for disclosures of personal information that result from circumstances beyond the company’s control.
Any personal information, as may from time to time be collected from this website— such as when you order or register on the site, subscribe to a newsletter, or fill out the contact form—is stored indefinitely.
Data is stored on our website customer relationship management (CRM) and internal customer management software. In addition, data is stored on the servers we use which are in the United States.
Your Data Protection Rights
Depending on where you are located geographically, the applicable privacy law may mean you have certain rights regarding your personal information. For instance, depending on where you are located, you may have the right to:
- The right to access– You have the right to request NAPgA for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a fee for this service.
- The right to rectification– You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure– Under certain conditions, you have the right to request that we erase your personal data.
- The right to restrict processing– Under certain conditions, you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to processing– Under certain conditions, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability– Under certain conditions, you have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you.
- The right to non-discrimination – You have the right to review or change your privacy preferences without retaliation.
If you reside in California, California Civil Code section 1798.83 (the “Shine The Light” law) permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK), and Canada, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. If you are located in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority: https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/items/612080.
If you are located in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
If you make a request, please afford us one month to respond to you. If you have questions or comments about the collection of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Opt Out of Marketing and Promotion Communications?
You can unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, or by contacting us using the details provided below. If you are removed from the marketing lists, we may still communicate with you to provide service of your website or other services, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes.
Should Children Use This Website?
It is not our intention to collect personal information from anyone under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you should not enter information on this website.
How to Contact Us
Email us: email@example.com
If at any time you believe that NAPgA has not followed the above policy, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make reasonable efforts to identify and correct any problem.