NAPgA relies on membership fees to fund legal challenges to proposed restrictions on goatpacking on public lands. Membership fees and the increasing number of NAPgA members results in more voices and greater representation of the goatpacking community when responding to packgoat restrictions proposed by state and federal organizations.
Benefits of Membership
- New packgoat owners, recreational goatpackers, and hard-core packgoat owners are all able to connect with each other via our member’s only Directory and Map.
- Receive up to date information such as land issues or upcoming NAPgA activities.
- Access to our network of packgoat enthusiasts & experts to learn more about all things packgoat.
- Support legal challenges to proposed restrictions on the use of packgoats on public lands.
- Collaborate with land-use regulators to advocate for access to public lands by goatpackers and their packgoats.
- Have your voice be heard by voting in elections for NAPgA’s leadership team and by attending monthly board meetings where you can provide your input and feedback.
- Attend NAPgA’s annual Rendezvous. (A weekend camping event paid for by membership dues and held at a different location across the country each year for packgoat enthusiasts to meet. There are classes, hikes, and gatherings discussing gear, goat health, best management guidelines and more.)
- Participate in the annual calendar contest (both submitting photos and voting for those pictures that will be published on our calendar).
- Youth (aged 8-17) can apply for the NAPgA Youth Awards and attend special youth activities at the annual Rendezvous.
- Receive up to date information on issues involving packgoat access, health, or education via email.
- Packgoat breeders, packgoat equipment retailers and packgoat rental businesses have the opportunity to advertise on the NAPgA website.
Support Our Mission
To promote the use and enjoyment of packgoats; to improve, mentor and encourage competency in the practice of goatpacking among interested persons; to provide communication among and to disseminate information to interested users: to promote information to interested users; to promote scientific study of the caprine species, their care, welfare and training; to urge recognition of goatpacking as a low impact pack stock alternative; and to establish traditions which will aid, perpetuate and further the welfare of goatpacking and the goats it employs.
Connect with our network of enthusiasts & experts at one of our upcoming events.
NAPgA Virtual Auction
Your membership strengthens the packgoat community.
Our network of members
Get in contact with other breeders, buyers, and packgoat enthusiasts in your area.
Yearly rendezvous event
Held in a different location each time and includes classes, hikes, and more.
Joining gives you votes in our meetings, access to our member map, and other freebies like decals and issues of Goat Journal.
Research and awareness
Your membership funds legal battles & new research that investigates devastating diseases common to packgoats.